Monday, April 14, 2008

SEX is BACK! (and it wasn´t Justin who brought it)


My good friend Admir Batlak (of Batlak & Selvig) told me so. And since he is genius, I believe him. So no surprises when I picked up the latest copy of Vogue Hommes International (BUY IT NOW!!!!!) and found the word "EROTIC" in shiny seductive letters on its hot cover. The issue is entirely devoted to the sexy and the erotic, focusing mainly on male sexuality. The focus on the male form and it´s hidden treasures has been an undercurrent trend for years now, and I think it will blow up now. This is a subject I will get into later, as it is of great interest to me. Watch this space...


Robert Mapplethorpe

But I will give you an opportunity to check out the amazing Robert Mapplethorpe. He as a photographer who redefined both art photography and the depiction of the male in modern art. At least I think so.



(Remember Helmut Lang used this image for an ad campaign a few years back?)

No comments: