Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Return


As a young boy, I was a HUGE fan of New Kids on the Block. My room was covered in posters floor to ceiling. I made my mum make me the clothes they wore (she only put her foot down the time I wanted to wear my gold lamé shirt to school aged nine) and when me and my father went to see their show in 1992 , I was in heaven! I looked amazing in Doc Martens boots, black jeans and paisley print shirt and when Donnie ran back down from the stage after a failed attempt to reach me, dived over the girls between us and gave me a smile and a high five I felt like The Chosen One. Their style was amazing and their songs the best. The original boy band if you ask me.



They still look great (I especially like Jonathan Knight in his nylon jacket/blazer combo), but trendwise I recommend their earlier looks. Like in the video for You Got It (The Right Stuff) :




Be a trendy Dj and play a track from their No More Games/The Remix Album. It´s great.

No comments: